Birchbox November 2017 Unboxing

It's Birchbox time!
If you're unfamiliar Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription service that sends you 5 beauty product samples for $10/month, here is my referral link if you’d like to try it out: Birchbox Sign-up


I love the box design this month! The pattern and colors are retro and have an old Hollywood/Movie Theater feel to me. I would love to have a vanity done in this palette!

Last month was the official end of Birchbox Select. Subscribers were alerted last month that we would still have the Birchbox Select customization options through the end of the year at no extra cost but that the service will end completely after that. For my customization option this month I chose "Pick One, Skip One" in the categories of Hair Care (Leave-In Treatment) and Hair Care (Shampoo) respectively.



The first sample in my November Birchbox is the Stila Cosmetics Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner (.008 oz). Booooo! I don't use black eyeliner! However I am starting to line my upper waterline with dark brown pencils so I will at least try this one before likely chucking it in the trash. Next up is an ORIGINS Checks And Balances Frothy Face Wash (.5 oz). I like Origins products a lot but I am all but drowning in face washes right now and I really like the ones I use currently. 

My third product this month is a TokyoMilk Dark Tainted Love Eau de Parfum (.05 oz). I HATE perfume. I have the option checked for Birchbox to not send me anymore than 6 fragrance samples per year and I had already received 5 so I used my Skip One for shampoo and knew I'd be getting a fragrance I wouldn't be using. On to the next sample, the Marcelle Hydra-C Eye Contour Gel-Cream (.1 oz). Score! Finally an item I look forward to trying. Marcelle is a great brand. I don't purchase eye creams because I think most of them don't do anything more than a good moisturizer would but I love getting them as samples!


The last sample in my November 2017 Birchbox is a label.m Diamond Dust Leave-In Crème (1 oz). I was a little confused and disappointed by this product when I first pulled it out of the box. My "Pick One" was a leave-in treatment but this didn't really seem like a treatment per se but more of a styling product. Looking more in to it, it is a leave-in treatment intended to help hair achieve a smooth, silky radiance. My hair borders on curly/kinky so I'm not sure this type of product will have much effect getting lost in all the twists but I am looking forward to seeing if it does. One of the perks offered to Birchbox Select subscribers in past months was $5 to spend on any item in the Birchbox shop. I thought this was awesome and specifically encouraged me to spend more in their shop by checking out what ships for free as box add-ons and redeeming that $5 on one of those products. I already miss that perk. 

          My November 2017 Birchbox Select contained the following 6 items with a total sample value of $27.03: 

  • Stila Cosmetics Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner ($11 value) 
  • ORIGINS Checks And Balances™ Frothy Face Wash ($2.30 value)
  • TokyoMilk Dark Tainted Love Eau de Parfum ($.89 value) 
  • Marcelle Hydra-C Eye Contour Gel-Cream ($5.40 value)
  • label.m Diamond Dust Leave-In Crème ($7 value) 




#birchbox #NovemberBirchbox #Unboxing #beautybox #epithelialdreams #beauty #beautyblogger #labelm #origins #stila #marcelle #tokyomilk #makeup #skincare

Comments