Degree Ultra Clear Black & White Dryspray Antiperspirant Deodorant Review

        Today I am reviewing the Degree Ultra Clear Black & White Dryspray Antiperspirant Deodorant (3.8 oz). I was sent a complimentary box containing two of these (one for men, the other a woman's version) by MyMagazine Sharing Network. MyMagazine Sharing Network is a program that sends you free products in hopes that you will share about it on your social media during "Missions". Sharing earns you points and more points means greater chances of being chosen for upcoming missions: Join MyMagazine Sharing Network hereI have taken part in three of their missions previously; Organic FoodVea Snacks World Crisps, and Frozen Foods.

I have been sent a lot of deodorants in the past six weeks to sample. I have been sent deodorants, antiperspirants, clinical and extra strengths, gels, roll-ons, and aerosols from a variety of different manufactures. Of all the types sent only one actually kept my underarms dry all day and that was the Degree Ultra Clear Black & White Dryspray Antiperspirant Deodorant. This is an aerosol type spray on that goes on pretty clear unless you build it up a few layers in which case it does look white but that whiteness does not transfer to your clothing which is a big selling point for this specific line; won't turn your whites yellow and won't satin your blacks white. Although that is not something I am specifically concerned with it is worth mentioning because for the last few weeks I have been wearing it the claims have stood up, no stains on clothes.

I have never actually used an antiperspirant that kept me dry all day. My day is not any longer or harder than the average person's but I am sensitive to changes in temperature, humidity, and altitude all which cause me to perspire. On most days by the time I'm home from my office job my underarms and underarm areas on any shirts I am wearing are damp. It's a minor irritation mostly because I can't wear my shirts again without washing them prior which is not ideal for many blouses and sweaters. The Degree Ultra Clear Black & White Dryspray Antiperspirant Deodorant has kept me dry all day, every day I have used it for over two weeks now. It claims to work for 48 hours and I don't doubt it. My boyfriend has been using the men's version and he reports it to be just as effective as I find the women's to be.

How the Rating Works

  • Effectiveness is 2/3 of the Total Rating 
  • Packaging is 1/6 of the Total Rating
  • Physical Qualities is 1/6 of the Total Rating

Degree Ultra Clear Black & White Dryspray Antiperspirant Deodorant Individual Ratings (0 - 5)

  • Effectiveness = 5
    • This antiperspirant keeps me dry all day, every day. It dries very quick and does not leave any marks or stains. It is an effective deodorant. I can find nothing ineffective about this product so full five points.
  • Packaging = 3
    • This deodorant comes in a recyclable aluminum can. The nozzle has never clogged during my use. The can is an ergonomic shape but sometimes pressing down on the button to spray is a little awkward and takes a readjustment. The overall design printed on the can is not attractive. 
  • Physical Qualities = 4
    • The spray goes on clear and is dry to the touch. You do not have to layer it on. The aroma, when spraying, is overpowering and unpleasant. I really don't like the smell and have to leave the room for a minute after spraying. As mentioned above, but is applicable here as well, it does not mark or stain clothing.

Degree Ultra Clear Black & White Dryspray Antiperspirant Deodorant Total Rating = 4.25

As with all products, your mileage may vary (YMMV). The Degree Ultra Clear Black & White Dryspray Antiperspirant Deodorant is an absolute Holy Grail for me even though it didn't receive the highest marks all around (that's really unlikely to happen for any product).


(Disclaimer: I received this product for free with no obligation.)


Comments