Play! by Sephora October 2017 Unboxing (#958)

This is my fourth month subscribing to Play! by Sephora (subscriptions were opened to Alaskan and Hawaiian residents this summer). If you're unfamiliar, here is a link to the Play by Sephora description page.)
You can find your bag number once it has been charged by looking at the last three digits of the item number on your invoice. My bag number this month is 958. The 2017 October Play! theme is Complexion Companions. The bag is back to the white Muslin like material that is both unattractive with the various prints they put on it (this month's is one is one of the cutest so far) and useless. I still can't think of any use for these other than putting dirty socks and underwear in while traveling.


The first item in my September 2017 Play! bag is a Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in Moonlight (.095 oz). I have never heard of this product; the website says this shade "imparts a soft, silver glow" and apparently you can use this alone, on top of powder, or mixed in to foundation OR skincare products. I like the sound of mixing a few drops of it into a CC Cream or sunscreen. My second sample this month is the STELLAR Cosmic Face Setting Powder in Haze (.06 oz ). The Sephora page only has this listed in shades of Glow 01, Glow 02, and Glow 03 so I have no idea which one this is. I'm not really feeling this sample, I may mix it in to some regular powder.

The third product in my September Play! box is a SEPHORA COLLECTION Instant Moisturizer + Cream (.5 oz). This moisturizer claims to hydrate for up to 24 hours...on whom? In what situation? Like if I wrap my face in plastic wrap directly after application with only holes to breathe? Well my doubts aside, it is a best seller and I do love moisturizers! I do look forward to giving this one a try. On to the

MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation in Y415 (.16 oz). This was THE Sephora sample of the month, with every subscriber getting one in their October Play! bag. The shade I received is color 128 (Almond) which actually could work for me! I'll give it a try to see how it feels and looks. Even if the color isn't right, if it works and feels good it'll be worth going in and getting a sample of a more appropriate shade.

Next up we have the DR. BRANDT SKINCARE pores no more Luminizer Primer (.25 oz). Well I just plain adore Dr. Brandt. I'm not really in need of any primer because of how many beauty boxes keep sending out but this one won't worry me that I'm clogging my pores with use.Lastly is a sample vial of Tory Burch Bel Azur Eau de Parfum Spray (.05 oz). I was so disappointed to see this; last month I was sent a hair care sample as the bonus and I was so psyched about it. I won't use this, but the packaging looks nice.

The Play! product insert continues to be so much more helpful than most other beauty subscription's.

 Okay, maybe not this side. Free bonus 50 points if you shop in person ain't bad though.

My October 2017 Play! by Sephora bag contained the following 6 items:

  • Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in Moonlight ($7.98 value)
  • DR. BRANDT SKINCARE pores no more Luminizer Primer ($9.50 value)
  • TORY BURCH Tory Burch Bel Azur ($2.82 value)

for a total sample value of $33.52. It's a decent bag but there's a lot of things in here I'm not all that interested in. This is going to be my last Play! bag (I actually meant to unsubscribe last month). This bag was a little better than last month's but I haven't been really stoked on one since my first month subscribing.


#Play #Playbysephora #sephora #beautyboxes #beautysubscription #epithelialdreams #beautyblogger #unboxing #playunboxing #beauty #makeup #skincare #coverFX #stellar #sephoracollection #makeupforever #drbrandt #toryburch


Comments