My Pomeranian wears Diapers!

My Pomeranian wears Diapers! And that's okay.

It dawned on me recently that I haven't introduced my dogs yet here on my blog and it's something I've been meaning to do for a while. We'll go one at a time so I don't overwhelm you with all their ridiculous cuteness.
Meet Cholula!
Cholula is about 10 years old and is a grey Merle Pomeranian. I got her about a year and a half ago (I took the above photo days after her arrival, fresh from her grooming appointment); she is a rescue pup who was flown up to Alaska just for me all the way from Boston, Massachusetts. She is a very happy, obedient, and appreciative dog but she sure does like to bark and huff and puff just like the big dogs when someone comes to the door. 

Cholula has had many litters in her day and I wanted to give her a nice retirement. Cholula was living, from what I can gather, in some sort of outside structure like a barn so she wasn't house trained. As long as we let her outside every few hours (and I often take her to work where I can do so) we don't have too much of an problem but anytime we can't she will pee. 


I was putting her in a large fenced area with a bed and her toys at night at first but then one day she began to bleed; she hadn't been spayed! I've never had a dog that wasn't spayed or neutered, but after taking her to the vet determined it to be a larger risk than it was worth (she has a pretty unhealthy heart). I immediately ordered her some doggy diapers and within days of using them realized how good they worked to keep accidents from happening in addition to using during her periods of "heat". She prefers to  relieve herself outside of course, but she ADORES getting the diapers put on and doesn't mind wearing them at all. The material is soft, comfortable, doesn't make any weird crinkly noises, and they go on quick with strong Velcro closures that doesn't stick to fur.


I typically purchase our female Pet Magasin  Diapers from Amazon.com (Male Wraps here) though you can get them directly from the Pet Magasin website too if you prefer to order direct. The three pack I get comes with a purple, green, and blue and comes in four sizes, fitting dogs with waist sizes ranging between 6" and 26".

The online photos are NOT true to life for the colors. The green is pretty close, but IRL the  purple is darker and the blue is not as bright (both are much lovelier in person).

Here are the purple and blue diapers, used and washed a few times:

These diapers are super easy to use and wash, I cut super absorbency maxi pads in to appropriate sized strips and stick them to the inside of the diapers to absorb any blood or urine. If your dog happens to poop while in the diaper, that stays inside too; the hole for the tail is snug enough that no loads will be dropping out unexpectedly. One of my favorite features of the Pet Magasin Diaper and why I prefer it to other female dog diapers is it's water proof outer layer, this keeps my carpets, rugs, and dog blankets protected for overnight or other extended use.


Pet Magasin Diapers get Cholula's Seal of Approval!


#PetMagasinDogDiapers  #PetMagasin #bestdogdiapers  #dogdiapers  #dogmalewraps #dogs #pomeranian #epithelialdreams #productreview #brandbacker #freesample

Powered by BrandBacker


Comments