Play! by Sephora September (Box #912)

          This is my third month subscribing to Play! by Sephora (subscriptions were opened to Alaskan and Hawaiian residents a few months ago. If you're unfamiliar with Play! by Sephora here is a link to the description page.)

You can find your bag number once it has shipped by looking at the last three digits of the item number on your invoice. My bag is #912.

The 2017 September Play! theme is Fall into Beauty.

The bag this month is a pink sateen like material that says "a Change of Face"

           The last few months I have gotten my Play! box pretty early, like on the 9th or 10th, so I was a bit disappointed it didn't come last week. The first item in my September 2017 Play! bag is a Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel in 05 Dark - Dark Brown to Black (cool) (.03 oz). I just received one of these in my Birchbox last month! Birchbox sent me an 03 Medium - golden blonde to medium brown (warm) though which was too light for me and I just got the replacement in the right color a few days ago. I really like this brow product. I am extremely happy to get another one since they are fairly small. My second sample this month is the Ciaté London Liquid Velvet Moisturizing Matte Liquid Lipstick in Diva (.067 oz ). I am excited to try this color! It calls itself a "true red" and it looks like I may be able to pull it off.

The third product in my September Play! box is a DevaCurl Melt into Moisture Matcha Butter Conditioning Mask (1.5 oz). I normally am not that in to hair products but I am have been pin-curling, flat-ironing, and twisting my hair a lot recently so am much more welcoming of these in my beauty boxes these days. On to the Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream(.24 oz). I am not very familiar with this brand, and only am because of being sent free samples by Sephora. I don't think I actually used any of them though as they were in foil packets. This jar is enough for me to use for week or so though.


Next up we have the Sephora Contour Eye Pencil 12 Hour (.017 oz) in Black (Matte Finish). Boooooooo. Black eyeliner, that is waterproof. There are so many awesome shades of this pencil; bright pinks, greens, blues... but they send black. I am disappoint. Lastly is a Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Oil (.13 oz) foil packet. Apparently Play! is now sending foil packets of hair products in some boxes instead of fragrance. I am all for it because I don't wear perfume but I know a lot of subscribers prefer the fragrances. I especially can use this one, my hair is only medium length so it's enough for a use and my hair has been frizzy with all the twisting and curling lately. Too bad that isn't the one thing you can customize, a preference for fragrance or haircare samples as the bonus item.

The Play! product insert continues to be so much more helpful than most other beauty subscription's.

        My September 2017 Play! by Sephora bag contained the following 6 items: Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel  ($7.20 value), Ciaté London Liquid Velvet Moisturizing Matte Liquid Lipstick ($5.79 value), DevaCurl Melt into Moisture Matcha Butter Conditioning Mask ($6.75 value), Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream ($6.75 value), Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Oil ($3.06 value), and a Sephora Contour Eye Pencil 12 Hour ($4.26 value) for a total sample value of $33.81 I am pretty happy with my third Play! bag. My only wish is that the eyeliner was one of the awesome bright shades instead of boring black, but I know I am in the minority of preferences here.

Are you a Play! subscriber? What do you think about the switch from perfumes to haircare foils?

#play #playbysephora #decemberplay #decemberplaybysephora #sephora  #epithelialdreams #sephoraspoiler #playspoiler #makeup #beauty #beautyblogger #skincare

Comments

  1. I tried the Fresh Soy Face Wash and loved it. It seems like a good brand.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment