Birchbox Select August 2017 (Beta box #4)

        It's Birchbox time! Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription service that sends you 5 beauty product samples for $10/month, here is my referral link if you’d like to try it out: Birchbox Sign-up. Use code STILASHADOW to get a FREE deluxe Stila Cosmetics Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow sample in Kitten Karma when you join OR use code REDHOT to get a free deluxe sample of Smashbox Cosmetics Be Legendary Liquid Lip Metal in Crimson Chrome (still valid as of 9/5/2017, while supplies last).




This is my fourth month subscribing to Birchbox Select - Beta. Here's my write-up of the program if you haven't heard of it and here are reviews of my first, second, and third beta boxesFor the fourth time I went with the Pick One, Skip One option. This month I picked Skincare - Makeup Remover and skipped Fragrance.





LOVE this box design. Soft, muted, summery colors. Super chill vibe.

         The first sample in my August Birchbox is the Ursa Major Essential Face Wipes (2 wipes). This was the product type I picked for my box this month. The full box of 20 of these is $24, holy crap! I can not fathom spending $1.20 per facial towel to wash my face one time. I used one of these last night and although it was pretty amazing (less drying, didn't leave an after tingle) compared to the other make-up removing wipes I have been using recently it wasn't $1.20/towel amazing. Or at least I wouldn't spend that much on a daily use item, perhaps for traveling though specifically on long airplane rides. Next item outta the Birchbox is a Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel (.03 oz), YES YES YES! I have been wanting to try this product for like a year now but haven't wanted to shell out the full price cost. I have seen some stunning brow transformations because of this stuff and was hoping to get it the last time I picked an eyebrow product as my Pick One but got their Goof Proof Brow Pencil instead (decent product, not wowed by it). I can't go a day without their They're Real! Tinted Lash Primer; I use it as a lash primer, as a mascara on minimal days,  on my lower lashes as a mascara, and on my brows as a thickener and to cover grays.

My third product this month is the GLAMGLOW THIRSTYMUD Hydrating Treatment (.24 oz). Although I am highly familiar with the brand I haven't used much of their products. I am incredibly pleased that they sent me a hydrating mask loaded with some of my favorite ingredients; honey, hyaluronic acid, and ginger root. I just got back from Cancun and my skin needs some extra hydration, going to use this baby tonight! On to the Marcelle City Multi-Protection Tinted Cream SPF 25 (.23 oz). Marcelle is decent brand in my experience and I really need all the protection I can get on my face (going through some major hyper-pigmentation on my face currently). This could be a good fall to winter sunscreen for my face.

The last samples in my August 2017 Birchbox are a Klorane Anti-Fade Shampoo with Pomegranate - For Color-Treated Hair (1 oz) and a Klorane Anti-Fade Conditioner with Pomegranate - For Color-Treated Hair (.3 oz). I hate getting shampoo and conditioner in my Birchboxes, especially foil packets (which the conditioner is). There's nothing else to be said about these, but the rest of the box is pretty good! One of the perks normally offered to Birchbox Select subscribers each month is $5 to spend on any item in the Birchbox shop. I think this is awesome and specifically encourages me to spend more in their shop by checking out what ships for free and redeeming that $5 on one of those products. Unfortunately I was NOT offered that option with this box and considered cancelling specifically because of it. 

       My August 2017 Birchbox Select - Beta contained the following 6 items: Ursa Major Essential Face Wipes ($2.40 value), Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel ($7.20 value), GLAMGLOW THIRSTYMUD Hydrating Treatment ($9.75 value), Marcelle City Multi-Protection Tinted Cream SPF 25 ($5.06 value), and Klorane Anti-Fade Shampoo with Pomegranate - For Color-Treated Hair ($2.98 value) and a Klorane Anti-Fade Conditioner with Pomegranate - For Color-Treated Hair ($.90 value) for a total sample value of $28.29. I think this is a fairly good box. Other than the shampoo/conditioner I will use all the products and am head over heels about the Gimme Brow already after one use!

Has anyone else tried the Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel? How do you like it? Please let me know below in the comments!
My August 2017 Birchbox Product Card

Comments

  1. I've been really wanting to try GlamGlow products :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment