Play! by Sephora August 2017 (bag #205)

Sephora opened up their Play! subscriptions to Alaskan and Hawaiian residents recently (they unfortunately still do not ship to US Territories) and I signed up immediately! If you're unfamiliar with Play! by Sephora here is a link to the description page.

I was in Cancun when the package arrived on August 12th, but August 12th seems pretty early and I'm okay with that! This month's theme is Makeup Geek. The bag has a beauty chemist vibe and the insert has a periodic table looking graphic.



I'm not a fan of the Play! bags. I haven't really found any purpose for them so they seem wasteful to me. I do think this month's is cuter than last month's but in the long run don't think these bags are worth sending out with the boxed products.


You can find your bag number once it has shipped by looking at the item number on your invoice. My bag is #205.


The first item in my August 2017 Play! bag is a beautyblender micro.mini.


This thing is soooo tiny!


It's not just a small version to try either, they sell these this size for corners and doing ombre lips. I really love the color too, bright neon green! I haven't really been using beauty blenders as I stopped wearing concealers and foundations but I am saving them up to use for when I need some heavy duty face arsenal.

My second sample this month is the Clinique Travel-Size High Impact Mascara + Lash Building Primer (.08 oz). Clinique is a great brand and I have had great success with many of their products in the past so am always stoked to try something of theirs that I haven't. My only wish is that it were a waterproof formula. If you're going to prime, might as well protect that shit! The third product in my August Play! bag is an Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick in Beige (.04 oz). I am not familiar with this brand but the color looks like it will work pretty well on me in the winter which is approaching fast here in Alaska. I don't have many concealers or foundations but recently opened my profiles to them so I can hopefully get a few to try out as the season cools.

On to the Lancer The Method: Polish (.5 oz). Another brand I have never heard of but I definitely need more exfoliators and love trying new brands though this brand looks fairly pricey. Lastly is the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo (1.8 oz). I can't recall if I've ever actually tried anything by Living Proof, but I have heard of them. They seem like they have decent products focused on high-quality ingredients which is easy to get down with. I'm just starting to try out dry shampoos so this sample came at a relevant time, also the sample is huge! It's almost half the full-size. I love it when the sample size is large enough for me to comment on it, more test uses yay!!!!
The bonus fragrance sample is a DOLCE&GABBANA Light Blue (1.5 ml).





The Play! product card is astoundingly better than most other monthly beauty subscription's.

The product information side of the insert has a superb layout and is bright and eye-catching.

It seems a little larger than necessary but you definitely wont have any problem finding how to use your product on this!


The other side of the insert this month has a periodic-like table showing different skincare ingredients uses and a card good for 50 bonus Beauty Insider Points if you make an in-person purchase of any item from a Sephora store.

       My August 2017 Play! by Sephora bag contained the following 6 items: beautyblender micro.mini ($9.00 value), Clinique Travel-Size High Impact Mascara + Lash Building Primer ($8.00 value), Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick in Beige ($7.36 value), Lancer The Method: Polish ($8.93 value), Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo ($2.38 value), and an DOLCE&GABBANA Light Blue ($2.38 value) for a total sample value of $45.88.  I am very happy with my second Play! by Sephora bag. I will use every one of these items other than the perfume and am especially excited to try the dry shampoo and the exfoliating "polish". I think this bag is an incredible value for a $10 subscription.

Are you a Play! subscriber? If so do you use your bags? Please let me know below in the comments!

Comments