ipsy Glam Bag August 2017

It’s ipsy Glam Bag time!

     If you're unfamiliar ipsy Glam Bag is a monthly beauty subscription service that sends you 5 deluxe sized sample beauty products for $10/month. If you’d like to give them a try: ipsy Glam Bag Sign-up.

One of three August 2017 ipsy Glam Bag designs sent out.


Oh man, this bag...

I was disappointed when I first saw the spoilers last month for the bag design but it is even more hideous in person. Though I'm not a huge fan of the bag itself, I am ALWAYS excited to zip it open and see what treasures it holds inside. One nice thing about this month's bags is the heavy duty gold tassel pull. I may take this off and put it on a different one, so there is that saving grace I suppose.

Pulling open that heavy gold tassel revealed a bright selection of products for my perusal! The first sample in my August 2017 ipsy Glam Bag is a travel-size MAKE UP FOR EVER Excessive Lash Mascara (.08 oz), yay! I have never tried their mascara but love the brand and travel-size mascaras make my heart flutter! I have never felt like I have wasted the end of a tube or had one go clumpy since I started using smaller sizes. The next item up is a Seraphine Botanicals Liquid Coal Waterproof Liquid Liner (2 ml). I have not heard of this brand but looking around the website they seem like a pretty legit company focused on natural ingredients. This liner is a full-size! LOVE IT when I get full-sizes in sample boxes, super score! What I don't love however are black eyeliners...I don't wear them. Ugh, I know I know; I am literally the only person I know who doesn't wear denim or black eyeliner but I don't. I specifically have Eye Liners unchecked and color preferences for Eye Liners are Gold/Bronze and Adventurous in my ipsy Beauty Profile so I don't understand getting this AT ALL. ipsy just flat out failed on this one. I will gladly give this full-size black eyeliner to a friend though.



My third sample this month is a theBalm Cosmetics Eyeshadow (.021 oz) in Willkommen from theBalm Voyage Vol. 2 Palette. Willkommen is a deep, shimmery bronze. I love getting these little pans from theBalm! They are great for popping in your makeup bag or for yanking out and putting in a palette. I am especially fond of paletting my sample size pans and theBalm is one of the best for this purpose, they are easy to rip open and have a decent magnetic strength. 






Next up is a SLMissGlam T35 Precise Blending Brush. I adore all the SLMissGlam brushes; they are bright, glittzy, and clean looking. I have been slowly amassing brushes from ipsy and watching tutorials on contouring and eyeshadow blending for the last 8 months and am about ready  to bust out my collection and start practicing. I have 3 of these unicorn style brushes so far and would not be unhappy with more.


The last product in my August ipsy Glam Bag is the First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay (1 oz). This was my sample choice for the month; I normally don't go for cleansers unless they are an oil cleanser but I was attracted to the red clay and was looking for cleanser to use at night instead of my CosRx Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser. As I was picking this sample up it felt kinda heavy, it's a hefty sample amount for a cleanser!
                                                                          August 2017 ipsy Glam Bag

        My August 2017 ipsy Glam Bag contained the following 5 products: MAKE UP FOR EVER Excessive Lash Mascara ($7.35 value), Seraphine Botanicals Liquid Coal Waterproof Liquid Liner ($22), theBalm Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Willkommen ($3 value), SLMissGlam T35 Precise Blending Brush ($12 value), and a First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay ($5.11 value) for a total sample value of $49.46. Other than the black eyeliner fail and the horrid bag design I feel like I got a really good batch of products well worth the $10 spent. 

How was your bag this month? Let me know below in the comments!

Comments

  1. I got almost the same bag as you! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who didn't like the bag, it's definitely not the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost picked that cleanser as my sample choice but was afraid it would be too much for my skin. I got the Yoghurt masks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love masks so I couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment