Birchbox Select June 2017 (Beta try #2)

         Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription service that sends you 5 beauty product samples for $10/month, here is my referral link if you’d like to try it out: Birchbox Sign-up. Use code STILASHADOW to get a FREE deluxe Stila Cosmetics Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow sample in Kitten Karma when you join OR use code REDHOT to get a free deluxe sample of Smashbox Cosmetics Be Legendary Liquid Lip Metal in Crimson Chrome (still valid as of 9/5/2017, while supplies last).

Last month was my first month trying Birchbox beta out; something went wrong and I received a normal box so after contacting customer service they refunded me the cost of my box, yay! It ended up being a decent box too! If you're unfamiliar Beta subscribers pay $15/month and can choose from the following options:
  1. Choose a curated box instead of a normal box. These are "spotlight" boxes that focus on something specific like eye products, summer products, products for wavy hair, etc.
  2. Pick One, Skip One. Choose a product type to receive, choose a type to not receive.
  3. Trade your box for points to spend in the shop.
  4. Sample Choice. Pick one specific product from 3-5 provided choices.
So this will be my second month as a beta subscriber, let's see what happens! My box was set to arrive between June 14th and 17th but when I checked the shipping status on the 16th the deliver by date had changed to the 24th. Grrrr! Thankfully the box didn't take quite that long and arrived on June 20th.

Lovely June Birchbox.

Upon opening my box I was pleased to see that my beta selection had been delivered to me successfully! I chose Pick One, Skip One and chose an eyebrow product and a fragrance respectively. The first product in my June Beta Birchbox is a Supergoop! Daily Correct CC Cream SPF (.1 oz) in Light/Medium SPF 35. I haven't used much Supergoop! and I need all the CC and BBs I can get this time of year so I am happy to see this in the box. Next up is a Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle (2 oz). I got one of these in a Birchbox in January of last year and it worked really great. Glad this was in the box too.

Birchbox Select June 2017

My third sample this month is the Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Foundation Primer  (.25 oz). Smashbox is amazing, I don't use primers often but will toss this in the ol' show box for performances when I wear heavy makeup. The next product is a Wilma Schumann Skincare Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads (1 pair). I have used these before and really like them, so another score for the box this month! Lastly is a Benefit Cosmetics Goof Proof Brow Pencil (.001 oz) in 3 Medium - Light to Medium Brown/Red. I was really excited to try this product but after opening the card and looking at it there are two problems:
  1. It is really small. Like teeny, tiny, itty, bitty small.
  2.  It is too light. This is the third darkest of six shades, I really needed one of the Dark Brown to Black shades, preferably warm. Also this shade is out of stock in their shop if it did happen to work for someone they sent it to.
Are you fucking kidding me Benefit Cosmetics? My fingers will NOT be using this dexterously.

I can't comprehend why they made this sample so small. This sample size is 1/10th of the full-size. I can't fathom sample ratios of that size unless it's a fragrance or lotion. Or just make the handle larger so we can actually use the damn sample.

My Birchbox June 2017 product card.

     My May 2017 Birchbox contained the following 5 items: Supergoop! Daily Correct CC Cream SPF in Light/Medium SPF 35 ($2 value), Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle ($11.75 value), Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Foundation Primer ($9 value), Wilma Schumann Skincare Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads ($3.60 value), Benefit Cosmetics Goof Proof Brow Pencil in 3 Medium - Light to Medium Brown/Red ($2.40 value) for a total sample value of $28.75. Despite the size and shade of the brow pencil I think this is a good box! I will use all the products and think the brands are great.

Is anyone else trying Birchbox Select? What has your experience been? Let me know below in the comments!

#birchbox #JulyBirchbox #birchboxselect #Unboxing #beautybox #epithelialdreams #beauty #beautyblogger #makeup #skincare #supergoop #beautyprotector #smashbox #wilmaschumann #BenefitCosmetics

Comments

  1. I just tried those collagen eye pads last night from a Birchbox I got a while ago! What did you think of them when you tried them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. […] My second Select Beta box arrived as ordered but the item I chose was too light for me to use, review here. I contacted Customer Service and they are sending me a replacement sample in the correct color, […]

    ReplyDelete
  3. […] of the program if you haven’t heard of it and here are my unboxings of my first & second months. For the third time I went with the Pick One, Skip One option. I picked Skincare – Makeup […]

    ReplyDelete
  4. […] my write-up of the program if you haven’t heard of it and here are reviews of my first, second, and third beta boxes. For the fourth time I went with the Pick One, Skip One option. This month I […]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment