Birchbox Skincare Sampler Kits Order

         Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription service that sends you 5 beauty product samples for $10/month, here is my referral link if you’d like to try it out: Birchbox Sign-up. Use code STILASHADOW to get a FREE deluxe Stila Cosmetics Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow sample in Kitten Karma when you join OR use code REDHOT to get a free deluxe sample of Smashbox Cosmetics Be Legendary Liquid Lip Metal in Crimson Chrome (still valid as of 9/5/2017, while supplies last).

I needed to try out some sunscreens for my face so decided to take a look at the sale section in Birchbox because they were having a special 40% off sale. It didn't take me long to decide on the Birchbox Sampler: The Complete SPF Kit. It had a decent number of recognized brands and seemed better than the couple of other spf sets they had available.

I like the boxes the kits come in, they fold down easy and flat for recycling!

          The Complete SPF Kit comes with 6 products: Supergoop! Advanced SPF 37 Anti-Aging Eye Cream (2 ml),  MDSolarSciences Mineral Moisture Defense SPF 50 (.25 oz),  Dr. Jart+ Every Sun Day SPF 30 UV Sun Fluid (.84 oz),  Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50 (.5oz), COOLA Face SPF 30 Unscented Matte Tint (.17 oz), and a COOLA Daydream SPF 30 Mineral Makeup Primer (.1 oz) all for $18. I have never tried anything by or heard of MDSOlarSciences but am familiar with the others, I figure I can go through these and hopefully one of them I will like enough to stick with.
It's a decent little set.

I love free shipping and gifts with purchase so couldn't resist and purchased another sale item, the Birchbox Sampler: The Acne Fix-it Kit.



This value set comes with  6 products: Kiehl’s Since 1851 Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser (1 oz), Balance Me Congested Skin Serum (0.2 oz), Evologie Intensive Blemish Serum (0.33 oz), Juice Beauty SPF 30 Oil-Free Moisturizer (0.26 oz), Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant (1 oz), and a Malin + Goetz Clarifying Clay Mask (0.5 oz) for a cost of $20. I am actually really excited about this kit, it seems like an incredible value. I already LOVE both the evologie Intensive Blemish Serum and the Balance Me Congested Skin Serum, I have never tried anything by Paula's Choice but have always wanted to, and every item here is a decent size for the type of product it is.
This set is sooooo worth it.

     Due to the cost of shipping ($5.95), it made sense for me to add another sale item to my order to qualify for free shipping. I chose the Arrow Packable Backpack for $15. I then added a Mystery Pack as my free gift with purchase of $35. When I went to check out the extra 10% off wasn't being taken off in the cart. I contacted customer service and they said they would refund me the 10% after purchase. So after the 30% discount was applied my total was $37.10 and that is how much I paid. After the purchase I emailed the same customer service representative and she refunded my VISA the last 10%. So with the final 40% off applied the prices were: Complete SPF Kit $12, Acne Fix-It Kit $12.80, Arrow Packable Backpack $6 for a total of $31.80. I was sent a Parlor by Jeffrey Chastain Volumizing Lifting Spray (1 oz) and a Shiseido Ultimate Eye Serum (.18 oz) as my Mystery Pack. I don't care about the spray but I am stoked about the eye serum!


Arrow backpack 








   

Mystery Pack



Comments