Sephora online Birthday order #2!

          There are a couple of reasons this order was broken in to two; Sephora Flash Subscription ($10/year for free 2-day shipping on all online Sephora orders), I hadn't decided on which lipsticks I wanted to purchase when I placed my first birthday order the week before, and lastly I like to place small Sephora online orders to take advantage of the free gifts with purchase.

Sherman inspects my boxes for Anthrax or doggie treats.

I have been spending the last few months trying different brands of lip stains and liquid lipsticks. After deliberating for about a week I decided to try out a stila Bright & Bold Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick Set (3 x .05 oz). The trio comes with Beso (true red), Viola (cool lavender), and Lume (deep fuschia) and is valued at $36. Most Sephora free gifts with purchase have a minimum purchase of $25 so I went to the sale page and looked at liquid lipsticks on sale. Thankfully there was a Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain (.169 oz) in Peach Tart that was 50% off. Once my cart had over $25 worth of product I added the FARMACY Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm (.4 oz) for my free gift with purchase.  
stila Liquid Lipstick trio, Sephora Lip Stain, Farmacy Green Clean Cleansing Balm.

Sephora always includes 3 free samples (single use packets or fragrances generally) with every online order and lets you choose from an assortment at checkout, unfortunately they never send me my full choice of picks. For this order I chose an Urban Decay Optical Illusion Complexion Primer, First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration, and a First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum but was sent a Dior Miss Dior Fragrance sample vial (1 ml), two Ken Zoki Moisturizing Skin Guardian foil packets (.06 oz), and an Hermes Le Jardin De Monsieur Li fragrance sample vial (1 ml). I was looking forward to trying the First Aid beauty combo as well as the Urban Decay primer, another Sephora free sample gone awry.

The second part of my Sephora online Birthday order was comprised of the following 3 products: stila Bright & Bold Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick Set ($20), a Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in Peach Tart ($7) , and FARMACY Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm (free gift with purchase of $25) and cost a total of $27.

        I ended up returning both the stila Bright & Bold Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick Set and the Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in Peach Tart. The stila liquid lipsticks did not live up to their claims; they flaked off within a few hours and would not stand up to a meal or drinks. The colors however were great and I'm very disappointed that they weren't keepers. The Sephora Collection Lip Stain in Peach Tart looked awful on me, the tone was way too cool and made me look like I had Barbie lips.

Are you a Sephora Beauty Insider, VIB, or VIB Rouge (I'm an Insider)? How do you like the Rewards Bazaar and Points System?

Comments