Kat Von D Everlasting Lipstick from Sephora online

I love lip stains. I love them so much that I no longer purchase regular lipstick. I had the great luck of trying a Younique Lip Stain for my first stain and have been hooked ever since (seriously the best, I have never used a stain that lasts longer or stands up to eating and sweating so well). Unfortunately Younique's Mood Struck Minerals Stiff Upper Lip formula set my standards very high for stains. I have tried about a dozen liquid lipstick brands in the last 3 years and none has ever come close to lasting as long or through as much. Until Kat Von D's Everlasting Liquid Lipstick. Now don't get me wrong, it is not better than Younique, but the formula is equally as great and comes in 43 colors instead of 13 and that is key. There are only 3 shades I'll wear of Younique's and only 2 do I really love.

I first tried the Kat Von Dee about 2 years ago. A friend of mine who is also in the burlesque company I dance with had a couple of these she swears by and we'd let each other use one another's (her KVD,  my Younique) depending on what color we needed for a show. I had red and mauve, she had a hot pink and a purple. When we are doing our shows we are drinking alcohol, snacking on nuts/fruits/chocolates, changing costumes very fast, kissing tons of people, and sweating our tassels off. These 2 brands are powerhouse lip stains; they last through all that TWO SHOWS A NIGHT!

Most recently I ordered a stila Bright and Bold Stay all Day Liquid Lipstick Set and a Sephora Collection Lip Stain in Peach Tart from Sephora and ended up returning both. The stila didn't last long at all, and when it started to wear off became a creamy mess that bled on to the skin around my lips. The Sephora was a peach color, I don't know what I was thinking (oh yeah, it was 50% off), and it looked horrible on me; it was super shiny, cool toned, and made me look like I had Skipper lips. I don't know if that makes sense, but they looked like plastic. Or very tight sausages. Skipper lips.
Skipper lips, it's a thing.

Really I don't know why I didn't just go and buy Kat Von D right away knowing it was a decent formula with a large color selection. Well it took 3 years and crap-ton of wasted lip products but I won't be purchasing any lip stains that aren't Younique or Kat Von D. Lesson learned. Thankfully while on this quest I changed up my ipsy and Birchbox profiles and got sent quite a few to try so I wasn't out purchasing full-sizes at full price. Kat Von D would have me 100% but the Sensational by Younique is a red that Kat hasn't matched.

20170626_191119

       Once Sephora processed my return (via mail) of the failed lip stains I ordered my first Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick (.22 oz). I chose Lovesick, it's a pinkish mauve that I thought wouldn't look too pink on me. Of course since I was placing a Sephora online order I had to add another small item to my cart to take advantage of the many free gifts with purchase Sephora has (it can be hard to find that page, it changes weekly and is here.  I usually check out the sale page and this time found a Sephora Collection Tinted Brow Freeze (.089 oz) in Dark on sale from $12 to $5 so picked one up. The lipstick and the brow freeze put me at a total of $25 so I chose a Korres Black Pine 3D Sculpting, Firming & Lifting Super Eye Serum (.14 oz) deluxe sample as my free gift with purchase.


Sephora always includes 3 free samples (single use packets or fragrances generally) with every online order and lets you choose from an assortment at checkout, unfortunately they have never sent my full choice of picks. For this order I chose a Dior Diorshow Mascarabelif The True Cream Aqua Bomb, and a Sephora Collection Mud Mask Purifying & Mattifying.  The only thing I really wanted was the Dior mascara sample and as expected, it did not come. I was sent the latter 2 samples and a L'Occitane Divine Cream (all foil packets) :/



         My Sephora online order contained the following products: a Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lovesick ($20) and a Sephora Collection Tinted Brow Freeze in Dark ($5) and cost a total of $25, earning me 25 Beauty Insider points.

Do you know that Sephora offers free 2-day shipping at $10/year? It's called Flash and why I shop there more than Ulta now.

#katvond #everlastinglipstick #sephora #korres #liquidlipstick #lipstain #lovesick #epithelialdreams #makeup #lipstick #productreview

Comments

  1. […] I just did a big ol’ post about how I’m never going to use any other liquid lipstick except Kat Von D. and Younique but bare minerals is an excellent brand AND this color looks amazing (website describes as a […]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment