Birchbox Select July 2017 (Beta box #3)

          It’s Birchbox time! 
          Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription service that send you 5 beauty product samples for $10/month, here is my referral link if you’d like to try it out: Birchbox Sign-up. Use code DOUBLEFUN at checkout to get a FREE Birchbox when you sign-up (offer still valid as of 9/1/2017)!

This is my third month subscribing to Birchbox Select - Beta. Here's my write-up of the program if you haven't heard of it and here are my unboxings of my first & second months. For the third time I went with the Pick One, Skip One option. I picked Skincare - Makeup Remover and skipped Fragrance.



I was surprised at the box design, it seems very wintery to me but I do like the colors and pattern. The first sample in my box is my chosen sample type of the month, makeup remover, and is a Marcelle 3-in-1 Micellar Gel Eye Makeup Remover (.23 oz). Marcelle is a decent brand and the only makeup I do wear daily is eye makeup so this is a very relevant sample that will be used right away. The next product in my July Birchbox Select is the Jouer Lip Enhancer (.15 oz). I haven't used anything by this brand but the product is described as a sheer tinted pink balm that "minimizes the appearance of fine lines". I personally wear a liquid lipstick, a nude lipstick, or an spf lip balm so I think this will be a lovely addition to the "bare" lip look I love so much.

The third item in my box this month is a Beautaniq Beauty Blush Serum in Sunrise (.35 oz) and is a full size! The tube says it's a lip and cheek cream color. I have never heard of Beautaniq (but right away the name kinda bothers me) and I haven't had any prior success with cheek stains. I am a little intrigued, it's infused with Vitamin E and apricot seed oil so it's claim that it's more like "tinted skincare" than makeup could be true. Next up is the Michael Todd Charcoal Detox Deep Pore Gel Cleanser (.33 oz) for Acne Prone and Oily Skin. This is another brand I am unfamiliar with. I am very happy with my current gel cleanser (CosRx Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser) but LOVE products with charcoal (I put it in most my mud masks and brush my teeth with it a couple times a week) and can always use this for the gym or travel.

The last sample in my July Birchbox Select - Beta is an R+Co Badlands Dry Shampoo Paste (.25 oz). Finally! I have been waiting to get a dry shampoo sample for years! I don't use most of the hair care samples that I receive in subscription boxes so it's kind of been causing me to feel chagrined that I keep getting all these damn conditioners and sprays but no dry shampoo. I have never tried a dry shampoo, my hair is extremely thick and densely packed, and this dry shampoo says it is good for thick hair! Score!

One of the perks offered to Birchbox Select subscribers last month was $5 to spend on any item in the Birchbox shop. I think this is awesome and specifically encouraged me to spend more in their shop by checking out what ships for free and redeeming that $5 on one of those products. For my July box I chose the Acure Coconut + Argan Oil Cleansing Towelettes (30 towelettes) as I just ran out of facial wipes. These are normally priced at $6.99 so I ended up snagging these for $1.99, that's a steal and it makes me very happy!



       My July 2017 Birchbox Select - Beta contained the following 5 items: Marcelle 3-in-1 Micellar Gel Eye Makeup Remover ($1.12 value), Jouer Lip Enhancer ($7.27 value), Beautaniq Beauty Blush Serum in SHADE ($16 value), Michael Todd Charcoal Detox Deep Pore Gel Cleanser ($1.15 value), R+Co Badlands Dry Shampoo Paste ($3.18 value) for a total sample value of $28.72. This is decent box, not one of my favorites, I could do without the blush serum and would have preferred something rather than the face wash but I will use all of these products.


Is anyone else trying Birchbox Beta? What has your experience been? Let me know below in the comments!

#birchbox #JulyBirchbox #Unboxing #beautybox #epithelialdreams #beauty #beautyblogger #makeup #skincare #RCo #Jouer #Acure #Marcelle #MichaelTodd #beautaniq

Comments

  1. […] of the program if you haven’t heard of it and here are reviews of my first, second, and third beta boxes. For the fourth time I went with the Pick One, Skip One option. This month I picked Skincare […]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment