ipsy Glam Bag July 2017

It’s ipsy Glam Bag time!

     If you're unfamiliar ipsy Glam Bag is a monthly beauty subscription service that sends you 5 deluxe sized sample beauty products for $10/month. If you’d like to give them a try: ipsy Glam Bag Sign-up.

First off, WTF ipsy?! This is the absolute latest I have EVER received my Glam Bag and it also happens to be the last day to review the bag to help influence next month's bag! How in the hell do they expect us to try out all the products in a matter of a few hours. TOTAL BULLSHIT.
New, smaller insert card.



Okay, now that that is out of my system (I was ready to go ballistic if it wasn't here when I got home from work today)... The bag is adorable! Gudetama is freaking cute and has a total chill summer vibe, I have a feeling this bag is going to be highly sought after by ipsters and Sanrio collectors alike. I kinda wish I'd signed up for 2 bags this month I like it that much. Honestly, I'm surprised I'm so in to it as I usually don't tend to go for cutesy or juvenile graphics. LOVE IT though.



Upon unzipping my July Glam Bag I was excited to see a promising and colorful selection of products! The first item I pulled out of my July ipsy Glam Bag was a So Susan Blender Brush. This really could not have come at a better time. I was going through my brushes last week and trying to see what I was missing for highlighting/contouring and this brush fills in a gap. I have never heard of So Susan but I dig the dusty purple and gold color scheme, classy. The next product up is a The BrowGal Eyebrow Pencil in Espresso (.03 oz). This pencil is 3/4 of a full-size! I am excited to try this baby out tomorrow, I have heard great things about BrowGal products and the studio! This is also a very timely arrival; my Beta Birchbox last month was supposed to include an eyebrow product but they sent one that was waaaay too light for my brows (I contacted customer service, they are sending me a replacement one in my color so no big deal). 

The third sample in my Glam Bag is an Ofra Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Gold Rush (.14 oz). This is a gorgeous shade and I can't wait to try it with my neutral magnetic palette I just put together a few days ago (good timing ipsy)! I have heard a lot of ipsters saying they been sent the Ofra pans too often and were hoping not to get this one. I have only received one before in the last 2 years and I have used the crap out of it (it was also a highlighter though). I love that these are ready to pop in any magnetic palette, swoon. My next product is a tarte cosmetics Rainforest of the Sea deep dive cleansing gel (.25 oz). I adore tarte and have been looking to try more of their skincare products as I am currently in love with their Maracuja Oil and the Maracuja C-Brightener Eye Treatment so this is a welcome sample. I really would have preferred to get the tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Bronzer though, for two reasons; firstly I already have my holy grail cleanser and therefore cleansers are not a product that I have checked in my beauty profile, secondly the value of the samples both monetarily ($1.25 vs. $11.25 sample value) and personally are vastly different. Still, it is a welcome member of my July Glam Bag.

The last sample product included in my July ipsy Glam Bag is the 111Skin Space Defense Bright Eye Gel (5 ml). Another synchronistic product sample as I am running out of my Maracuja C-Brightener and wanted to try some new eye products. Another brand I happen to be unfamiliar with, 111SKin sells some pretty pricey products on their website and this sample is almost $50 worth of product, whoa! I also received an evologie Intensive Blemish Serum (.33 oz) for redeeming a portion of my points this month. I love this serum! I got one as a sample when I first started ipsy, got another one in an acne kit earlier this year, and now for the third tube!



I absolutely love my July 2017 ipsy Glam Bag, I dare to say this is my favorite month ever! The products were spot on profile wise (other than the cleanser, but it's tarte, so it's okay), 4 of the products sent were items relevant to my current needs and wants, and that bag is just too much. I almost don't want to use it.


     My July 2017 ipsy Glam Bag contained the following 5 products: So Susan Blender Brush ($15 value), The BrowGal Eyebrow Pencil in 02 Espresso ($17.25), Ofra Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Gold Rush ($10 value), tarte cosmetics Rainforest of the Sea deep dive cleansing gel ($1.25 value), and a 111Skin Space Defense Bright Eye Gel ($47.33 value) for a whopping total sample value of $90.83! In addition to me absolutely loving this bag and its contents this is an amazing sample value for a $10 box. ipsy knocked it outta the park this month!





Look at that zipper pull!

meh...SO adorable.



Has anyone else gotten an extremely late bag? Let me know in the comments!



#ipsy #glambag #ipsyglambag #JulyIpsy #JulyGlamBag #ipsyunboxing #epithelialdreams #makeup #beauty #beautyblogger #skincare #sosusan #thebrowgal #tanyacrooks #tarte #ofra #111Skin

Comments