Garden of Eatin' Organic Ranch Corn Tortilla Chips Review

     Earlier in the year I signed up for a program online called MyMagazine Sharing Network. As a part of one of the "missions" I had been selected for they sent me a box of free organic product samples for my consideration. This mission is called "Organics Everyday"(post here) and the box included 3 bags of chips, a can of beans, and coupons to redeem half a dozen various free organic items like peanut powder and iced tea.

One of the free samples in the box was a snack size bag of Garden of Eatin' Organic Ranch Corn Tortilla Chips (1.5 oz).
The Garden of Eatin' Organic Ranch Corn Tortilla Chips are certified USDA Organic and are flavored with buttermilk, garlic, and onion. Now right up front I have to say I am NOT a huge fan of buttermilk but LOVE Ranch in a nearly obsessive way so in general I like ranch dressings that do not taste quite as buttermilky.

(Did you know Ranch dressing was developed in the Alaskan bush?! That factoid only further cemented my already intense adoration for it.)

These tortilla chips are thin and crisp, but when I bite in to them it feels more like a cracker than a chip. The tortilla chip, though thin, feels like it is made from large grain. It feels satisfyingly thick between my teeth for such a thin chip. I'm not quite sure I exactly like the texture though, it reminds me of biting in to a Wheat Thin and I'm not a huge fan of those. There were only about 5 whole chips in the bag, the rest had broken, probably due to being so thin.



Even though the chips are well-coated in the flavor powder the ranch taste is not all that strong but leaves an intense aftertaste that I'm not a fan of. I looked through the ingredients list and I think it's because they are made with malic acid, which I've found is slightly offensive to my taste buds even when in things I normally like such as apple ciders or certain candies.  Most importantly, they just don't taste RANCHY enough for my liking.

I personally am not a fan of this chip and only ate about half of the 1.5 ounce bag. The chips have a slightly stale texture to them, the powder isn't all that flavorful, and for me there was a distinct aftertaste I found unappetizing. I would not choose to purchase this flavor of Garden of Eatin' tortilla chips in the future but I do not think it is an inferior product, it just doesn't quite satisfy my taste palette.

Is anyone else on MyMagazineSharing Network? Let me know in the comments below!

Comments