Birchbox January Unboxing - 2018

It's Birchbox time!
If you're unfamiliar Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription service that sends you 5 beauty product samples for $10/month, here is my referral link if you’d like to try it out: Birchbox Sign-up.

The box design this month is an abstract, artistic motif with chunks of various pastel colors topped with a black squiggly line going from one side of the box, across the top, and down on to the other side. The Sample Choice options for the January Birchbox were an ARROW BOOST Color Enhancing Lip Balm in Berry Busy, a Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel, and a VERB Hydrating Mask. I chose the VERB Hydrating Mask this month but was seriously considering the Arrow Lip Balm. I like the Real Chemistry Peel but felt like the other two options were better for me.

The first product in my January Birchbox is a The Beauty Crop Espresso Yourself Eyeshadow Palette in Love U So Latte (.11 oz). This is a lovely little trio with the shades Vanilla Latte (Highlight), French Roast (Blend and Shadow), Midnight Blend (Define & Line). I love these colors (the lighter two are shimmery) and can't wait to try it out with a complete eye look. Next up is a Bioderma Hydrabio Sérum (5 ml). I have yet to try any Bioderma products out though I have heard of the brand. This is a moisturizing serum that comes from an incredibly large line of Hydrabio products.


The third item this month is a 
-->Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Radiance Primer (.25 oz). I've gotten a few of these before and it is a decent product but I rarely use primers and still have one from my September ipsy I haven't used unfortunately (I'm trying really hard to get through samples or get rid of ones I know I'm not going to use or know I don't like). On to my next sample, the VERB Hydrating Mask (.67 oz) and my Sample Choice this month. I am completely unfamiliar with VERB but have a lot of thick, dense, curly hair that sucks up moisture so I picked this. The last product in my January 2018 Birchbox is an Arrow Boost Color Enhancing Lip Balm in Berry Busy (.14 oz) and is a full size! I am really stoked this is in my box since I chose the hair mask over it. I really wanted to try it but don't need a lip balm like a need hair masks. I love the few Arrow products I have tried and love their packaging/design motifs. Those two items ended up being the highest and lowest value items in my box this month respectively.

My January 2018 Birchbox contained the following 5 products with a total sample value of $33.17:

  • The Beauty Crop Espresso Yourself Eyeshadow Palette in Love U So Latte ($5.23 value)
  • Bioderma Hydrabio Sérum ($3.11 value) 
  • Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Radiance Primer ($9.25 value)
  • VERB Hydrating Mask ($1.58 value)
  • ARROW BOOST Color Enhancing Lip Balm in Berry Busy ($14 value) 


This is a fairly low value box in comparison to my recent boxes and not one of my favorites but it isn't bad by any means. I'm not sure I'll get to the serum or the primer but I'll definitely use the rest, I'm very happy about the lip balm, and I like trying new brands.



#birchbox #JanuaryBirchbox #Unboxing #beautybox #epithelialdreams #beauty #beautyblogger #makeup #skincare #TheBeautyCrop #Bioderma #Smashbox #VERB #Arrow 

-->-->-->-->

Comments