ipsy Glam Bag May 2017 Unbagging

The next paragraph is a bummer, skip to below the picture to avoid sad things!

It has been about 2 months since my last blog posts due to my father becoming deathly ill. He battled his very late diagnosed stage 4 cancers for about 9 weeks before dying on May 8th, 2017. He was 59. I don’t want to be a downer but life happens fast so don’t forget to get your recommended screenings and try to live a happy and healthy life while you’re here.
On to the April 2017 ipsy Glam Bag unbagging!


        If you’re unfamiliar ipsy Glam Bag is a monthly beauty subscription service that sends you 5 deluxe sized sample beauty products for $10/month. If you’d like to give them a try: ipsy Glam Bag Sign-up.

The May ipsy Glam Bag is pretty freaking cute. The tiny ice cream cone and popsicle icons are adorable and the bag is plastic so should be waterproof (fingers crossed)! I didn't get a product card this month, not sure if ipsy is finally moving away from those or if mine was just overlooked.

The first sample in my May ipsy Glam bag is a Vasanti Cosmetics Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator Exfoliating Cleanser (.7 oz). I just got a sample of Vasanti's BrightenUp! Moisturizer in my Birchbox last month and am new to the brand so I will use these together for however long they last, I'm guessing about two weeks. The second product I received is a pur-lisse BB Tinted Moist Cream SPF 30 in Medium (.34 oz). Just in time for summer! I was just running out of BB sample tubes, this one arrived just in time.  Next up in my May Glam Bag is a Caked Makeup Lip Fondant (.24 oz) in Low Key. I have not tried Caked before but am flying through liquid lipsticks that leave me disappointed so am mos def ready to try another brand! The color looks decent and the description says it can be layered for a light stain to heavy matte look.


The fourth sample this month is an IT Cosmetics Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara (.17 oz) in Black. I have only used a few IT Cosmetics products and I don't have much of an opinion of them but I can not get enough travel size tubes of mascara. I love them and I want them everywhere, in my bag, in my desk, on random shelves, EVERYWHERE. My last item in the May bag is the Urban Decay Afterglow  Highlighter (.08 oz) in Sin. Urban Decay is awesome, all their products are awesome, and I love that their samples are usually in pans that can be put in a palette. I'm starting to get quite a few powder highlighters from subscription services, time to change up my preferences so I don't become overstocked.

        My May 2017 ipsy Glam Bag contained the following 5 items: Vasanti Cosmetics Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator Exfoliating Cleanser ($6 value), Caked Makeup Lip Fondant (.24 oz) in Low Key ($11 value), pur-lisse BB Tinted Moist Cream SPF 30 in Medium ($10 value), IT Cosmetics Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara in Black ($10 value), and an Urban Decay Afterglow  Highlighter in Sin ($5 value) for a total sample value of $42. I’m very happy with this month’s bag! I will use every item in here, really needed the mascara and the BB Cream, and am currently on a quest for great liquid lipstick so needed more to try!

How was your May Glam Bag? Has anyone tried the IT Cosmetics mascara?

#ipsy #glambag #ipsyglambag #MayIpsy #MayGlamBag #ipsyunboxing #epithelialdreams #makeup #beauty #beautyblogger #skincare #vasanti #ItCOsmetics #purlisse #UrbanDecay #CakedMakeup

Comments

  1. The bag is really cute this month! I also didn't get a sample card but I saw in other blogger's posts that there was in fact supposed to be one 😕 The pur~lisse bb cream looks great! I also got the mascara but I haven't tried it yet ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seemed like a pretty great bag for most!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. I really wanna buy one! 💗

    Would love it if you would check out my blog aestheticvogue.com 💖💖

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment