ipsy Glam Bag April 2017 Unbagging

The next paragraph is a bummer, skip to below the picture to avoid sad things!

It has been about 2 months since my last blog posts due to my father becoming deathly ill. He battled his very late diagnosed stage 4 cancers for about 9 weeks before dying on May 8th, 2017. He was 59. I don’t want to be a downer but life happens fast so don’t forget to get your recommended screenings and try to live a happy and healthy life while you’re here. On to the super-duper late April 2017 ipsy unbagging!

 
If you’re unfamiliar ipsy Glam Bag is a monthly beauty subscription service that sends you 5 deluxe sized sample beauty products for $10/month. If you’d like to give them a try: ipsy Glam Bag Sign-up.

       April's theme was sideshow! I really liked the look of the insert card (I am so in to Bailey's whole look and I thought Gabriel's western ensemble was adorable) and the website, but like many users thought the bag was pretty ugly looking. I was pleased to see that the coral was more of an electric coral or salmon than a neon red-orange and that it is durable (thick and splash-proof)!

     
       The first sample in my April 2017 ipsy bag is the MicaBeauty Highlighting Powder in Shade #3 (.31 oz). I am unfamiliar with MicaBeauty. The website says all natural ingredients so I am happy to give this a try, especially wet as an eye-shadow. Next up is the Glamour Dolls x Lisa Frank Angle Blush Brush. I can not stand how hideous this brush handle is. I love the white to pink brush bristles and use most the cutesy brushes ipsy sends out but not this one. I hated Lisa Frank in elementary school and apparently I still do, blech to this atrocity. My third sample this month is Hanalei's Aloe Soothing Gel (.35 oz).  I have used a few products made by Hanalei, all received in subscription boxes and I have liked every one. I Don't think I'd shell out the bucks for something as simple as an aloe gel but their other products have been on point. Summer is here so this will be a great item to bring hiking or to the beach where a full size is a hindrance.

The next sample is a Hey Honey Bésame Mucho Lip Balm (.27 oz). Hey Honey is another brand that I know only through subscription services and that I like. I am starting to get a bit tired of lip balms in my monthly boxes but I feel like this one is going to be an exceptional one far above an average tube. The last item in my April 2017 ipsy bag is ColourPop Cosmetics Crème Gel Pencil in Mr. Bing (.01 oz). I'm not a big fan of ColourPop Cosmetics, I've had really bad results with their lip stains and although I have loved the color of some of their eyeliners they dry out fast. I was really hoping that I was going to get Show Me (copper) again or DTLA (deep blue) but ended up getting Mr. Bing which is brown and I can't see myself wearing. It is better than getting black eyeliner, but not as great as a metallic or a bright color.

        My April 2017 ipsy Glam Bag contained the following 5 items: the MicaBeauty Highlighting Powder ($16 value), Glamour Dolls x Lisa Frank Angle Blush Brush ($10 value), Hanalei's Aloe Soothing Gel ($4 value), Hey Honey Bésame Mucho Lip Balm ($7 value), ColourPop Cosmetics Crème Gel Pencil ($5 value) for a total sample value of $42. This month my ipsy bag was okay.  I won't be using the blush brush because I don't want to ever have to look at it again, I'm going to make myself try the brown eyeliner for experimentation purposes, and although I will definitely use the lip balm, highlighting powder, and aloe gel I'm not really excited about any of the items.

How was your April ipsy Bag? Did you get a ColourPop Gel Liner?

Comments