Birchbox April 2017 Unboxing

The next paragraph is a bummer, skip to the paragraph below it to avoid sad things!

         It has been about 2 months since my last blog posts due to my father becoming deathly ill. He battled his very late diagnosed stage 4 cancers for about 9 weeks before dying on May 8th, 2017. He was 59. I don’t want to be a downer but life happens fast so don’t forget to get your recommended screenings and try to live a happy and healthy life while you’re here. On to the extremely late Birchbox April 2017 unboxing!

Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription service that sends you 5 beauty product samples for $10/month, here is my referral link if you’d like to try it out: Birchbox Sign-up. Use code STILASHADOW to get a FREE deluxe Stila Cosmetics Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow sample in Kitten Karma when you join OR use code REDHOT to get a free deluxe sample of Smashbox Cosmetics Be Legendary Liquid Lip Metal in Crimson Chrome (still valid as of 9/5/2017, while supplies last).

   This month's Birchbox design is simple and gorgeous.

I adore the delicate colors and simple drawings in the box and on the product card.

        The first sample I received in my April 2017 Birchbox is a TokyoMilk Dark Bulletproof Eau De Parfum (1 ml) vial. I don't use perfumes, I think they are rude in public spaces however I have liked the few from TokyoMilk that I have sniffed previously so I will give this one a try sometime when it is just my boyfriend and I as he does like perfume. Next up is a sample tube Vasanti BrightenUp! New Skin Amplifying Moisturizer (.2 oz), I like Vasanti and my skin soaks up moisturizer faster than I can drink water so I am looking forward to trying this out. The third item in my box is a nearly full size tube (2 ml) of The Beauty Crop GRLPWR Liquid Lipstick in Imma Bawse. So far I haven't been impressed with The Beauty Crop's products, and it's mostly lipsticks I can recall trying. I would have been much happier to get the shade Che Guava as it is a neutral mauve that I think would look very good on me. Imma Bawse is a very intense rusty red and I orange or rusty reds don't do much to flatter my skintone or yellowing teeth.


The next Birchbox sample is a Number 4 Jour d'automne Sugar Texturizing Spray (1 oz). I am only familiar with this brand thorough Birchbox, it seems decent. Hair products are on my list of least favorite things to get in a beauty box but I will probably use this little bottle up pretty fast if it works. My last item in my April 2017 Birchbox is a Schmidt's Deodorant Stick in Lavender + Sage (2.65 oz). Deodorant? Really Birchbox? I'm not sure why they would send this, nothing in my profile says that I am interested in body or bath products and it just feels weird to get deodorant in a beauty subscription box. Like did EVERYONE get this item because otherwise I don't understand. Thankfully it is a full stick, not some little travel size (that would have just enraged subscribers, lol)!

         My April 2017 Birchbox contained the following 5 items: TokyoMilk Dark Bulletproof Eau De Parfum ($.89 value), Vasanti BrightenUp! New Skin Amplifying Moisturizer ($3.50 value), The Beauty Crop GRLPWR Liquid Lipstick in Imma Bawse ($12 value), Number 4 Jour d'automne Sugar Texturizing Spray ($4 value), Schmidt's Deodorant Stick in Lavender + Sage ($7 value) for a total sample value of $26.89. I'm not very happy with this month's box; as with many of my Birchboxes there’s a hair product and a perfume sample which I am not a fan of, I'm disappointed in getting deodorant, and I have poor expectations of the liquid lipstick. Basically the $3.50 sample of moisturizer is the one thing I like, but I will use that damned deodorant on principle so this box has a better value to me.

How was your April Birchbox? DID YOU GET THE FUCKING DEODORANT?!

Comments