Birchbox February Unboxing - 2018

It's Birchbox time!
If you're unfamiliar Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription service that sends you 5 beauty product samples for $10/month, here is my referral link if you’d like to try it out: Birchbox Sign-up.


February's box is a dull peach tone with little X's and an O arrayed across the top in a pattern of white, orange, and black. I think this is one of the ugliest boxes yet and barely speaks to me of Valentine's Day. I'm a sucker for themes and really wish they would have been more creative with both the box and the array of samples. The Sample Choice options for the February Birchbox were a Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream, a MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream, and a OUAI Leave-In Conditioner. I chose the MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream this month; I've used a sample tube prior with great results mixing with a BB.

The first product in my February Birchbox is a MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream (.2 oz) and was my sample choice this month. MAC is a tried and true brand that still manages to release cutting edge products and this strobe cream exemplifies that. It works great as a primer or as a mix in to add shimmer to a foundation or BB/CC.


Next up is a Smashbox Cosmetics Always On Gel Eye Liner in Fishnet (.03 oz). Smashbox is another brand that continues to release great products again and again, unfortunately I don't use black eyeliner so this will have to go to someone else.

The third item this month is a OUAI Leave-In Conditioner (.25 oz). OUAI is a decent haircare brand and this is an alright leave-in conditioner for my hair type (super curly perm) but not the best. Between Birchbox and Ipsy, I have gotten about 4 of these in the past year.

On to my next sample, the Love Beauty and Planet Smooth and Serene Argan Oil & Lavender Shampoo (3 oz). This appears to be a fairly new brand. I'm not going to use this but it smells AMAZING! I guess I should be happy that Birchbox send such generous shampoo and conditioner samples, but I don't use them.

And to accompany the shampoo, a Love Beauty and Planet Smooth and Serene Argan Oil & Lavender Conditioner (3 oz). Also smells AMAZING, also not going to use it on my permed tresses. I do love their packaging though!







The last product in my February 2018 Birchbox is a FOREO Day and Night Cleanser Set (.1 oz/each). I'm familiar with Forea as a manufacturer of electric toothbrushes and facial brushes, it only makes sense they would make cleansers to go with their skincare product. Too bad they are itty-bitty foil packets (I guess these are a "bonus" sample.

My February 2018 Birchbox contained the following 7 products with a total sample value of $28.83:
  • M·A·C Cosmetics Strobe Cream ($3.88 value)
  • Smashbox Cosmetics Always On Gel Eye Liner ($13.55 value) 
  • OUAI Leave In Conditioner ($4.65 value)
  • Love Beauty and Planet Smooth and Serene Argan Oil & Lavender Shampoo ($2 value)
  • Love Beauty and Planet Smooth and Serene Argan Oil & Lavender Conditioner ($2 value) 
  • FOREO Day Cleanser ($1 value)
  • FOREO Night Cleanser ($1.80 value)
I gotta say I am really disappointed in this box both in total sample value and personal value. I HATE getting shampoo and conditioner; I have permed hair and I'm not using some unknown crap on it. I don't wear black eyeliner. The OUAI leave-In Conditioner I'll use, but it's not great and I've gotten it so many times already. The Foreo at least fits my profile but little foil packets that don't reseal? Are you fucking kidding me? There's no way I'm going to use these a second time so it's basically trash. The only sample worth a damn here is the strobe cream that I picked as my sample choice. Oh well, looking forward to a better box next month!



#birchbox #FebruaryBirchbox #Unboxing #beautybox #epithelialdreams #beauty #beautyblogger #makeup #skincare #haircare #MAC #MACCosmetics #OUAI #Foreo #Smashbox #SmashboxCosmetics #LoveBeautyAndPlanet #shampoo #conditioner #samples #beautybox #beautysubscription

Comments