ipsy Glam Bag December Unboxing - 2017

It’s ipsy Glam Bag time!

If you're unfamiliar ipsy Glam Bag is a monthly beauty subscription service that sends you 5 deluxe sized sample beauty products for $10/month. Here is my referral link if you’d like to give them a try: ipsy Glam Bag Sign-up.

December's bag design is simple and very reminiscent of last month's. Simple colors, straight lines, and something with a little shine. I like this month's much more though due to the silver glitter and light blue contrast along the zipper. I've actually been pretty disappointed in the bags as of late, what's going on ipsy?


The first product in my December Glam Bag is a Glamour Dolls x Lisa Frank Eyeshadow in Heartthrob ($3.99 value). I always had a strong dislike for Lisa Frank products growing up as a child in the 1980s and that hasn't changed at all so I was not thrilled to see this in my bag this month. That wouldn't stop me from using the product if I liked it but this color looks hideous to me, it's a dark rusty vermilion that does not look like it will be flattering at all with my yellow undertones. I definitely would have loved to try the other color that was sent to ipsters, Stargazing, a totally gorgeous shimmery gold.

Next up is the Luxie Beauty Precision Shader Onyx Brush 239. I love Luxie but I just got a set of SLMissGlam brushes (the Madison Miller set) this fall so I'm kinda set and this one won't go with the color scheme I have going on. A little disappointed I was sent this since I haven't had tools checked since I got that set and this is the second Luxie brush they have sent me since (the last one was also dark and didn't go with my other ones). Time to email ipsy and ask them to not send me any brushes for the next year! My third item(s) this month are the Purlisse Beauty Nourishing Sheet Masks in Coconut + Rice and Green Tea + Ginger Treatment (.74 oz/each). Purlisse is a brand I've had great experience with and who couldn't use some new sheet masks? I am glad that even though these masks have a $6 value they send two, gives you more of a chance to see how well it works for you on more than just one occasion.



On to a Smashbox Cosmetics Be Lengendary Lipstick in Legendary (.084 oz). This is a gorgeous, classic Hollywood red that looks like it would be universally flattering. I am super loving the purse size lipstick samples that are becoming common these days. I rarely finish a tube of lipstick off before it goes bad so I feel like I'm wasting less product and space! Looking forward to wearing this to my next Holiday Party tomorrow night.

The last sample this month is a Tony Moly The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream ($4.17 value). I have heard a lot of good things about this cream but have yet to try it so am happy this was in my bag. Generally I'm not a huge Tony Moly fan (don't like their package designs/too cutesy) but there's always exceptions to be made and I hope this is one of them.


My December 2017 ipsy Glam Bag contained the following 5 products with a total sample value of $52.96:
  • Glamour Dolls X Lisa Frank Eyeshadow in Heartthrob ($3.99 value)
  • Luxie Beauty Precision Shader Onyx Brush 239 ($16 value)
  • Purlisse Beauty Nourishing Sheet Masks in Coconut + Rice and Green Tea + Ginger Treatment  ($12 value)
  • Smashbox Cosmetics Be Lengendary Lipstick in Legendary ($16.80 value)
  • Tony Moly The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream ($4.17 value) 

Has anyone tried the Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in the shade Legendary yet?



#ipsy #glambag #ipsyglambag #DecemberIpsy #DecemberGlamBag #ipsyunboxing #epithelialdreams #skincare #makeup #beauty #beautyblogger #Smashbox #TonyMoly #GlamourDolls #LisaFrank #LuxieBeauty #Luxie #Purlisse #sheetmask #snowglobe #ipsysnowglobe

Comments