Birchbox December Unboxing - 2017

It's Birchbox time!
If you're unfamiliar Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription service that sends you 5 beauty product samples for $10/month, here is my referral link if you’d like to try it out: Birchbox Sign-up


Such a fun box design this month: feels like the new year! Every December box included a Birchbox Eyelash Curler! This is soooo much better than the cheapo (but cute) pocket mirror they sent in last December's box.

October was the last month of Birchbox Select. Subscribers were informed that we would still have the Birchbox Select customization options through the end of the year at no extra cost but that the service will end completely after that. For my customization option this month I chose "Pick One, Skip One" choosing the Sunday Riley serum as my pick, and skipping a Shampoo.


The first sample in my December Birchbox is the Davroe Luxe Leave-In Masque (1.756 oz). I'm not familiar with the brand but this sample is HUGE! I am in desperate need of hair masques right now and I have a shit ton of thick, curly hair so this is a most welcome sample this month. Next up is a Marcelle Ultimate Volume Nano Mascara (.18 oz). I love Marcelle but am a little backlogged on mascara samples. Hopefully my recent paring down of subscription boxes will help with that issue.


My third product this month is a Sunday Riley C.E.O Rapid Flash Brightening Serum (.17 oz). SCORE!!! I LOVE Sunday Riley, I love every product I have ever tried of theirs, and I was looking to start a Vitamin C product in my routine. Sunday Riley is pretty damn expensive, and this little tube has a value of over $14, thank you Birchbox! On to the next sample, the Trufora Triple Action Exfoliator (.5 oz). Here is another brand I have not heard of this month. This mask exfoliator looks amazing though and has AHAs, BHAs, and Kaolin. Looking forward to trying this on my next peel day.

The last sample in my December 2017 Birchbox is a whish Botanical Primer (.5 oz). Ugghhh... I loathe whish. I haven't tried one product of theirs that I would even use a second time, they are just awful. Even worse, this tube seemed light so I twisted off the cap and squeezed it, nothing came out. This tube is less than half full, probably much less but it is hard to tell because of the thick, black, plastic container. 

My December 2017 Birchbox Select contained the following 6 items with a total sample value of $57.81:


  • Davroe Luxe Leave-In Masque ($7.29 value)
  • Marcelle Ultimate Volume Nano Mascara ($10.07 value) 
  • Sunday Riley C.E.O. Rapid Flash Brightening Serum ($14.45 value)
  • Trufora Triple Action Exfoliator ($11.25 value)
  • Whish Botanical Primer ($8.75 value) 
  • Birchbox Eyelash Curler ($6 estimated value)

This is one of the best boxes of my year. Even though I hate that nearly empty whish primer, the rest of the box is so good that it's still awesome! Anyone else get an empty which primer?



#birchbox #DecemberBirchbox #Unboxing #beautybox #epithelialdreams #beauty #beautyblogger #makeup #skincare #davroe #marcelle #sundayriley #trufora #whish

Comments