ipsy Glam Bag Unbagging February 2017

It's Glam Bag time!

If you’re unfamiliar ipsy Glam Bag is a monthly beauty subscription service that sends you 5 deluxe sized sample beauty products for $10/month. If you’d like to give them a try: ipsy Glam Bag Sign-up.

It's always a pleasure to rip open the packaging on a subscription service and today was no different other than I received my ipsy Glam Bag and my 3B Bag on the same day! Two unboxings and 10 new products! Happy dance!

First impression, and it seems to be the majority of ipsy subscriber's feelings; this bag is UGLY. I personally don't wear jeans or denim so it's extra bad for my style and taste preferences - moving on though!

My February ipsy Glam bag was chocked full of awesome! I finally reviewed my bag on time (I didn't realize that timeliness was a thing with bag and product reviews to have input on your next bag selections) and changed my preferences and am really happy with the products this month. My favorite bag products probably since summer 2016.


                           The ipsy insert card, as usual, is completely useless.



The first item this month is a full size tube of  NYX Professional Makeup Butter Lipstick in Ripe Berry! This item is the one I'm least excited about, but it is a great color and I will try it, I just don't wear lipstick often.









The second item in my bag is a BeFine Food Skin Care Gentle Face Cleanser with Sugar, mint, Oats, & Rice (1 oz). I have never heard of the brand, but it seems decent looking at their website. I have finally settled on my daily non-oil cleanser (CosRx Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser) but am always in need of travel size cleansers for the gym or my shower.


My third item in the bag is the Royal & Langnickel Fan Brush - I do not own and have never owned a fan brush so it is a more than welcome addition to my newly collected set of gorgeous brushes from ipsy. It is a lovely deep purple with purple tipped hairs and I love it. 





The next product I received is another full size - BelláPierre Cosmetics Volumelash Waterproof Mascara! Got this just in time, just ran out of my Smashbox sample tube of mascara and the last two minis I tried (Tarte and Madlash) were AWFUL. Happy dance again!!!


The fifth and final product this month is another full size - Luna by Luna Cosmetics Highlighter in Calypso. The color is a shimmery coppery lavender, if you can imagine that. I may update with a swatch later. I'm really happy with this one; I've been gently experimenting with bronzers and highlighters and really love how Cydnee on the ipsy site used this on her eyes for an intense brightening effect.

         My February 2017 ipsy Glam Bag contained the following 5 items: NYX Professional Makeup Butter Lipstick in Ripe Berry ($6 value), BeFine Food Skin Care Gentle Face Cleanser ($6.83 value), Royal & Langnickel Fan Brush ($6 value),  BelláPierre  Cosmetics Volumelash Waterproof Mascara ($20 value, and ),  Luna by Luna Cosmetics Highlighter in Calypso ($23 value) for a total sample value of $61.83. If I were to get the mascara and the highlighter off of eBay as opposed to their manufacturer's websites that would drop the value down to a total of $41.83. This bag came with a beauty tool, 3 full size make-up products, and a travel size cleanser and all in all was a very good value to me personally based on foreseen use as well as a good bang for the $10 monthly subscription cost! Great job this month ipsy!

How was your ipsy bag this month? Has anyone used the cleanser?

#ipsy #glambag #ipsyglambag #NovemberIpsy #NovemberGlamBag #ipsyunboxing #epithelialdreams #makeup #beauty #beautyblogger #luna #bellapierre #RoralLangnickel #befine #nyx

Comments

  1. I was happy with my bag. I got the same mascara and highlighter, a Luxie blush brush, the IT Cosmetics concealer, and a heat protectant cream. I won't use the heat protectant but I'm happy with the rest. And I 100% agree with the bag description - ugh. And I like jeans! That bag though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed we got the same mascara and highlighter - I can kind of see the purple in mine, but gonna have to try it out to see if there is any!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your March bag! I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog award! https://stuffinapowderpuff.wordpress.com/2017/03/16/one-lovely-blog-award/ <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dee! That is quite thoughtful of you. I'm super excited to see my March bag!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment