Beauty Beyond Borders (3b) January 2017 Unbagging

        I always look forward to my Beauty Beyond Borders (3b) subscription coming in. It always arrives three days within the shipping notification email and every month I try out new Asian skincare brands and products. I also have the grandfathered in price of $12/box so I feel like I'm getting an even better deal than the $14-$15/month newer subscribers pay.


As is is the norm, the 3b samples arrived in a thin organza bag packaged inside a orangish-red box. Inside the bag this month were...MASKS! 6 different kinds - 2 wash off and 4 sheets. This is the first time my 3b bag has been themed in any way, and though I love theme bags I have a shit-ton of sheet masks from a recent haul. I am eyeing one of those sheet masks those, that Hada Labo looks like it will be especially soothing.


3b product card with descriptions and directions.

I seriously love their product cards, useful product info and directions.

The first mask in my January 2017 3b bag is a 23.5N Rice Soothing Gel Mask. I really love wash off masks - it's where I started my skincare journey decades ago and the ritual has always felt relaxing and renewing for me. I have not tried anything from this Taiwanese brand so I get to try something new. The jar is nice, it doesn't feel cheap.

I'm going to go out of card order and skipping to the next wash off face mask WEI Beauty's Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask because I photographed them together. I have tried a few products by WEI, and like them well enough so far. I am very happy this is a mud mask, I love mud masks but many of them are so harsh and drying. The card says it doesn't have that tight texture as it dries so here's to hoping this one is a bit more gentle than a standard European mud mask!



The third mask in my bag is the one I was eyeing earlier, the Hada Labo Tokyo Ultimate Anti-Aging Facial Mask. I love Hada Labo Tokyo, the few products I have tried of theirs have been so soothing and non-irritating for me. I adore their Hyaluronic Acid lotion and just imagine the feel of that swathed all over my face for a half hour (bliss)! The next mask is a MaskerAide Weather Warrior Sheet Mask. Another Korean brand I am not familiar with. There seems to be a theme of soothing and moisturizing going on with these masks and what a prefect time - dead of winter in the Arctic here!



The 5th mask in the 3b bag this month is a SkinRX Madacera Express Sheet Mask. Another new Korean brand for me! At first I was a little disappointed by all the sheet masks, but upon further inspection I am pretty pleased with the selection. Lastly we have the Extreme Moisture Sheet Mask by For Beloved Girl. I have never heard of the brand that makes this mask, For Beloved One, but it is apparently really big in Taiwan so again, new brand for me and that is one of the many reasons I love Beauty Beyond Borders!



         My January 2017 Beauty Beyond Borders (3b) bag contained 6 items: 23.5N Rice Soothing Gel Mask ($6 value), WEI Beauty's Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask ($5 value), Hada Labo Tokyo Ultimate Anti-Aging Facial Mask ($4 value), MaskerAide Weather Warrior Sheet Mask ($7 value), SkinRX Madacera Express Sheet Mask ($6 value),  Extreme Moisture Sheet Mask by For Beloved Girl ($3 value) for a total sample value of $31. This is a great selection of masks and a great selection of Asian brands, I am very happy with this box though it is probably my least favorite 3b box sent so far.

Does anyone else get 3b? Let me know below!

Comments