Birchbox January 2017 Unboxing

        My January Birchbox came late in the month as is the norm but I was very excited to see what was inside other than my chosen sample. The box itself is not to my liking, the print is pretty hideous but really who subscribes for the custom boxes?

Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription service that sends you 5 beauty product samples for $10/month, here is my referral link if you’d like to try it out: Birchbox Sign-up. Use code STILASHADOW to get a FREE deluxe Stila Cosmetics Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow sample in Kitten Karma when you join OR use code REDHOT to get a free deluxe sample of Smashbox Cosmetics Be Legendary Liquid Lip Metal in Crimson Chrome (still valid as of 9/5/2017, while supplies last).


The Product Card:



       The first item up in my January Birchbox is my chosen sample Sunday Riley Good Genes All-in-One Lactic Acid Treatment (5 ml)!  It will be my first time using a lactic acid treatment so that it kinda cool. I was expecting a wash-off mask but it appears to be more like a moisturizer. I look forward to trying this out but at the price ($105/oz) there's no way I'd ever buy the full size no matter how freaking great it worked. Also it is a really small sample size at 5 ml, I doubt one would see much difference in the few uses it contains.  My second sample item this month is a sample vial of Cartier Baiser Vole Lys Rose Eau de Toilette (.o5 fl oz). This I will not use, I really truly hate fragrance samples so we'll just blow past that. The third product in my box is Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream (1.5 ml). Yay! I am almost out of my previous eye cream (Lirikos Marine Eye Cream) sample packets and am still testing different ones out. I haven't used an Origins product in years so it's nice to receive a sample from them.

Next up is the PARLOR by Jeff Chastain Moisturizing & Repairing Shampoo (30 ml). There was also a smaller packet of the conditioner (12 ml) as a "Bonus". A little less bothersome than fragrance samples but still fairly useless to me. These can be donated.  My fifth sample this month is the derma e Hydrating Night Cream with Hyaluronic Acid (14 g). I am not familiar with this brand but I do not have a night cream currently, the full size isn't too expensive, and it looks like a really generous size. Though once I opened it up to look at the cream, it looked like an awful lot was missing (or the container was a misleading size/poor choice). Still though, a decent amount but I am tempted to weigh it before and after to see if there actually was 14 g of product in that container.

The 6th and final item in my January 2017 Birchbox is an Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner (1.2 g) in Black. I still have one of these unopened from a Birchbox 7 or 8 months ago, I don't wear black eyeliner. I really need to give these away soon, I'm starting to amass black eyeliner from Birchbox and ipsy.



        My January Birchbox came late in the month as is the norm but I was very excited to see what was inside other than my chosen sample. The box itself is not to my liking, the print is pretty hideous but really who subscribes for the custom boxes?

What did you choose in your box for January?

#birchbox #JanuaryBirchbox #Unboxing #beautybox #epithelialdreams #beauty #beautyblogger #dermaE #cartier #origins #jeffchastain #eyeko #sundayriley #goodgenes #lacticacid

Comments