Birchbox October 2017 Unboxing

It's Birchbox time!
If you're unfamiliar Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription service that sends you 5 beauty product samples for $10/month, here is my referral link if you’d like to try it out: Birchbox Sign-up

This is the second month in a row my Birchbox has arrived super early; last month on the 9th and this month on the 7th! I am loving the new shipping system they have. I have been subscribing for years and this is my sixth month subscribing specifically to Birchbox Select. Here's my write-up of Birchbox Select if you haven't heard of it and here are reviews of my first, second, third , fourth, and fifth Birchbox Select boxes. For the sixth time I chose the Pick One, Skip One option. This month I picked Skincare and skipped Fragrance.



I was a little disappointed when I saw the box design...I was really hoping for some sort of Halloween or Autumn theme! 


It's a lovely box but this specific leaf motif doesn't feel very October to me.

        The first sample in my October Birchbox is the Avène Hydrance Intense Rehydrating Serum (.1 oz). I LOVE Avène products! This lightweight serum will be gladly used before my moisturizer and sheet masks! It's a fairly small sample tube but for a serum will probably last almost 2 weeks which is decent. Next up is a Davines LOVE Smoothing Shampoo (2.5 oz) Conditioner for Course or Frizzy Hair (.4 oz). I'm not a huge fan of shampoo and conditioner samples; thankfully Davines are usually very generous amounts and I recently changed my beauty profile info for my hair as I have been curling it a lot and am about to get a perm so this will come in useful though I'm still not like stoked about it.

The third product is a Lipstick Queen Lip Liner in Nude (.02 oz). I haven't used much by Lipstick Queen but like what I've tried. This pencil is a decent size at half the weight of the full-size and I absolutely needed some more nude shades of lip pencils so am very happy to see this in my box. On to my next sample, the OUAI Rose Hair & Body Oil (.28 oz). This was my Pick One choice for the month. I love face oils and equally adore rose so I couldn't resist. This smells AMAZING and feels great on the face too. Last month my box was missing my Pick One (a toner) but Customer Service sent me the Avène Cleanance MAT Mattifying Toner after contacting them (last month was such a good Birchbox, I'm actually happy they goofed up, I got an amazing array of products plus an extra one). 

The last sample in my October 2017 Birchbox is a The Beauty Crop The Glow Milk Liquid Highlighter (.14 oz). Now I haven't been a fan of The Beauty Crop products in the past and I haven't had a chance to try this out yet but it looks gorgeous. This little baby is also half the full-size amount. The bottle online looks MUCH more pink than mine, in person it is a lovely rose gold and I can't wait to try it. One of the perks offered to Birchbox Select subscribers each month is $5 to spend on any item in the Birchbox shop. I think this is awesome and specifically encourages me to spend more in their shop by checking out what ships for free as a box add-on and redeeming that $5 on one of those products. For my October box add-on I added the Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 (.25 oz). This balm is priced at $7.50 so I snagged it for $2.50.


October 2017 Birchbox Select Contents:

          My October 2017 Birchbox Select contained the following 6 items: Avène Hydrance Intense Rehydrating Serum ($8.88 value), Davines LOVE Smoothing Shampoo ($8.88 value), Davines LOVE Smoothing Conditioner ($1.12 value), Lipstick Queen Lip Liner in Nude ($9 value), OUAI Rose Hair & Body Oil ($3.76 value), and a The Beauty Crop The Glow Milk Liquid Highlighter ($9.75 value) for a total sample value of $35.51 for a $15 box. The box value is decent and the personal value is very high. I will use every one of the products and am excited about all but one. If we add in the Black Jack Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 (and I think it's important that we do) then the total box value goes up to $43.01 for a cost $17.50. 


Photo of Birchbox product card

#birchbox #OctoberBirchbox #Unboxing #beautybox #epithelialdreams #beauty #beautyblogger #makeup #skincare #haircare #avene #davines #ouai #lipstickqueen #thebeautycrop

Comments